Graying Rainbows Coming Out LGBT+ Later in Life
by Ginger Campbell, MD
October 2, 2020 7:00 pm
Graying Rainbows is a community that supports people of all genders and sexual identities, with a focus on the challenges of Coming Out LGBT+ Later in Life. We use interviews, history, and storytelling to connect people who are new to the Rainbow Community. Graying Rainbows is released on the first Monday each month.
In this month’s episode of Graying Rainbows listener Lou Poulain shares his story of coming out in his sixties.
Books and Episodes Mentioned:
– GR 31 with Kristin Kalbli of the Straight Spouses Network
– The Gay Revolution: The Story of the Struggle by Lillian Faderman (2016).
– Faderman was interviewed in GR 1.
– Right Side of History: 100 Years of LGBTQI Activism by Adrian Brooks (2015).
– The Stonewall Reader by the New York Public Library (2019).
– When We Rise: My Life in the Movement by Cleve Jones (2016).
– Harvey Milk: His Lives and Death by Lillian Faderman (2019).
– Discussed with Faderman in GR 14.
– Dan Savage’s Podcast
– OK 2 Be LGBT– check your podcasting app
– Milk starring Sean Penn (2009).
– The Life and Times of Harvey Milk (documentary) 1984.
– On October 17, 2020 Dr. Campbell will be speaking at the online event Centering the Margins 2020: A Summit for LGBTQ Nontheists sponsored by the LGBTQ Humanist Alliance. Click here to register.
– Send email to email@example.com or post voice feedback at http://speakpipe.com/docartemis.
– You can now support Graying Rainbows viaPatreon at http://patreon.com/grayingrainbows
Connect on Social Media:
– Twitter: @GrayingR
– Facebook page: https://fb.me/grayingrainbows
– Public MeWe page: https://mewe.com/p/grayingrainbowscomingoutlgbtlaterinlife
– Email Dr. Campbell for an invitation to our new group on MeWe.
GR 42 Lou Poulain1 week ago
GR 41 Lorena Lorena de Idiáquez Bakula: A story of Transition1 month ago
GR 40 Michael Crumpler2 months ago
GR 39 Jenn Grace from Publish Your Purpose Press3 months ago
GR 38 Tress Ahles shares "The Messy Middle"3 months ago
GR 037 William Smith explores "Gay Life After 40"4 months ago
GR 36: Rosemary Cianfarani5 months ago
GR 35 Brian Gorman: The Power of Helping Others6 months ago