Coming Out Late
by Robin Douglass
October 31, 2022 4:06 pm
Coming Out Late Podcast is the go-to podcast for all things coming out later in life. Which means, if you’ve ever wondered, “Am I gay?”, or, if you’ve ever laid awake in bed at night, and fantasized about being in a same sex relationship, then this podcast is for you. Whether you are in your 30’s, or even your 60’s, or anything in between, and have either “always known” you are gay but because of comphet or a strict religious upbringing, you could never do anything about it. Or maybe you are just-now “awakening”, later in life, realizing that your true calling, the true you has been wanting to explore this side of yourself that has been stuffed and buried deep below the surface of heteronormativity and internalized homophobia for years. Then this podcast is for you. Through real, raw, and vulnerable conversations, we cover all-topics related to Coming Out Late in life from the beginning to the messy-middle to being “on the other side”. We have conversations with real women who have had their “Aha!” moments when they said to themselves, “Holy Sh!T! I’m Gay!”. We get vulnerable with couples, with married women, with their children, and sometimes even with their spouses about what do we do now; how do we co-parent, should we get a divorce, can I afford to live on my own, and dealing with the immense feelings of guilt and shame for making such an enormous life-change, upsetting and shaking-up our family units. Come take a listen. Here you will find community, support, solace and hear real stories SO similar to your own. Subscribe and like your next favorite podcast, Coming Out Late Podcast.
In this episode, Robin is being interviewed by Annie McKinnon, creator and Host of “Talking All Things LGBTQ”. With a full year under her belt, since starting her own podcast and coming out to the world in the first few episodes, this is an interesting inside look at Robin’s recount of her story a year later, as well as her reflecting on the many lessons she has learned along the way. One thing she knows for sure, is that loving a woman has been a beautiful journey and “easier” for her, than loving and being involved with a man, but? It is not always easy either!
In this episode you will hear and learn about . . .
– Sleep-walking through life, then married with children for 28+ years – but the Universe was whispering a different message to me.
– Compulsory-Heteronormativity and deep social conditioning.
– Fearing the unknown; we fear what we do not understand.
– What is homophobia? Is it innate? Is it real? Is it suppressed? Learned?
– Stuffing down and numbing the feelings.
– Unconventional research to figure this sh*t out! And meeting the women who gave me absolute affirmation, confirmation and validation.
– The “Aha!” moment; and how did that feel – in the moment?
– The painful Messy Middle, dealing with my divorce and telling my children.
– That moment when I knew my life, (moving forward), was never going to be the same.
– Coming clean to my loved ones – regardless of their potential reactions.
– Through self-assessment and self-reflection, you will learn your attachment styles, love languages, and self-love.
– Learn by doing: educating ourselves with every interaction and every relationship we have, and asking yourself: are you well-aligned with this person in all aspects of being human?
– Book:, “Attachment Theory: by Joan
– Our awakening to our sexuality is our super power!
– Unlearning old values and beliefs. Is that MY belief or someone else’s ‘voice’?
– Q: “When can I put all this (difficult stuff) behind me?” A: “When you take the time to put it in front of you.”
– Wanna support our “Coming Out Late” podcast? Then please consider buying Robin a “virtual” coffee as a sign of your appreciation for all the time, love and energy she pours into our Community. Any and all donations are deeply, deeply appreciated!! Simply go to:https://www.buymeacoffee.com/RobinDouglass
Links to resources:
COMING OUT LATE SUPPORT GROUPS:
ALL of our now FOUR support groups have gone to a $5 per person, per meeting “Cover Charge”. ALL groups are now accessible via a unique Buy Me A Coffee link that is special to each of the four support groups, AND, once you’ve paid, will take you to the Zoom link needed to enter the support group. Here are those special Buy Me A Coffee links to join each of those support groups:
Women Helping Women, every Tuesday at 12:30pm EST
Bisexually Speaking, every Wednesday at 12:30pm EST
Women Loving Women, every Wednesday evening at 7:00pm EST
Fifty Plus & Fabulous, every OTHER Thursday from 7pm EST to 10pm EST
(Next dates: 10/20/22, 11/3/22, 11/17/22)
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/RobinDouglass/e/93024For information on how to join any one of the four Support Groups, simply email Robin at: Comingoutlater@gmail.com
COMING OUT LATE FB GROUP:
Join our private FB Group: Coming Out Late at:
Wanna support our “Coming Out Late” podcast? Then please consider ‘buying me a coffee’ as a sign of appreciation. Any and all donations are deeply, deeply appreciated!! Simply go to:https://www.buymeacoffee.com/RobinDouglass
COMING OUT LATE “COMP HET” SPEAKER SUMMIT #3:
For those of you who were unable to attend the LIVE CompHet Speaker Summit Event, you can still purchase the recording for $27 by going to either PayPal @NovareInternational or Venmo @Comingoutlater. You missed QUITE the event, so grab your recorded copy and catch-up on all things Compulsory Heterosexuality!
Ep: #57 - Holy Sh*t! I'm (STILL) Gay! Oh Thank You Lesbian Lords!2 days ago
Ep. #56: Late Blooming Break-Ups w/Samantha Fox1 week ago
Ep.#55: Coming Out Late in the Land of Oz2 weeks ago
Ep. #54 Part2: Online Dating & Internet Safety3 weeks ago
Ep.#53: Online Dating & Internet Safety, Part 14 weeks ago
Coming Out Late AND Bisexual, Part 21 month ago
Coming Out Late AND Bisexual, Part 11 month ago
How Do You Know That You're Gay (Ft. YES!)2 months ago
Part 2: Coming Out Late & Scared to Date2 months ago
Coming Out Late & Scared to Date, Part 12 months ago