Service Business Mastery – Business Tips and Strategies for the Service Industry
by Tersh Blissett
October 31, 2022 5:00 pm
Service business mastery is a podcast that helps business owners and managers succeed in business by sharing tips on leadership, marketing, financials, pricing, HR, and much more. If you want to grow a successful and profitable HVAC, plumbing, electrical, or other home service skilled trades business, click here to listen and learn more.
Matt Boyce from the Podium joins Tersh to discuss the various benefits that they offer their customers by providing a bird’s eye view of their businesses. Their services allow customers to easily collect and organize messages from various social media. They also offer payment services without ever having to contact the technician in person through text messaging. Matt provides some great advice about becoming a business owner and shares some helpful resources for those looking to start their own business. Jump in and learn how to drive consistent reviews in your business!
[00:01 – 06:16] Opening Segment
– Introducing Matthew to the show
– Brief background and career
– What is Podium?
– Interaction management platform
– Allows top-down visibility on conversations
– Communicating with customers on the same thread
[6:17 – 32:19] Boosting Reviews through Podium
– Pioneering the review economy and driving consistent reviews for businesses
– Google knows consumer behavior around reviews and can devalue a business’s relevancy if they’re not driving consistency
– Podium is a consolidated messaging tool that pulls in messages from various social media
– Allows for better communication between different parts of a business
– Web chats are a great way to connect with customers, but they need to be marketed well to be successful
– Benefits of the text chat option
– Offers a convenient way for customers to communicate with businesses, without the fear of being disconnected or waiting on a live chat response
– Has a high response rate
– A natural progression from web chats
[32:20 – 39:01] Service Maintenance Program
– How lack of getting schedules lead to attrition
– Not spamming customers with marketing content
– Schedule text messages to remind customers about service appointments
– The rates for this service are very competitive, and there is no card present fee
– You can also use this service to collect payments from customers who do not have a card on site
– Service Titan offers bulk texting so that customers can be scheduled for service without having to wait on phone calls.
[39:02 – 40:42] Closing Segment
– See the links below to connect with Matt
– Final words
“Reviews are great to get. But if you’re not driving consistency, you’re really not as relevant in those local searches.” – Matt Boyce
“If you’re looking at being a message-able or text-able business, you gotta have the flexibility to facilitate that.” – Matt Boyce
Connect with Matt by visiting www.Podium.com.
690. Talking with Clients Across Multiple Mediums in One Place with Matt Boyce6 days ago
689. How to Book More Jobs through Cold Calling with Dave Tester1 week ago
688. Turn Your Marketing Data into Cash WITHOUT Lots of Manual Entries.4 weeks ago
687. How Artificial Intelligence Creates Business Opportunities with Neil Sahota1 month ago
686. Be Everything That Your Organization Needs with Tom Connally1 month ago
683. A Survivor's Guide on How to Improve Your Business with Tony Guarnaccia1 month ago