Teaching Science In 3D
by Nicole VanTassel & Erin Sadler
October 6, 2020 3:00 am
An on-the-go professional development podcast for busy science teachers. Get a grip on the new science standards and discover ready-to-use strategies to “NGSS your science class.” Don’t just teach the NGSS — become an NGSS teacher.
In this episode, Erin addresses a listener question. Sonia listened to a previous episode and wanted to know if we recommend doing lab style activities during out synchronous time. She also asked about breakout rooms and notes that students aren’t participating as much as she would like.
Get Erin’s advice on making breakout rooms more productive and prioritizing activities for your synchronous time in this episode.
Other Episodes to Check Out
– How to teach NGSS online
– How to Facilitate Student Discussions Remotely
– How Students Can Do Science Activities from Home
– Erin’s Breakout Room Survey
– Teaching Science in 3D on Instagram & Facebook
– Sadler Science – 5 Tips for Teaching NGSS Online
– iExplore Science – How Discovery-Based Learning Transformed My Most Challenging Class
– Looking for a comprehensive professional development program that will give you a step-by-step guide to “NGSSing” your science class? Check out the Explore To Aha! Academy.
8. Effectively Using Synchronous Time7 days ago
7 Making the NGSS Accessible for All Students2 weeks ago
6. Does the NGSS do enough to prepare students?3 weeks ago
5 Is it time to let go of the Scientific Method?4 weeks ago
4 Interactive Notebooks for NGSS1 month ago
3 How Your Students Can Do Science Activities from Home1 month ago
2 Listener Question: How do you facilitate student discussions online?2 months ago
1 How to Teach NGSS Online2 months ago
Summer 2020 Podcast Updates4 months ago
S2E15 How To Differentiate For Gifted Learners6 months ago