Hire Power Radio
by Rick Girard
April 16, 2021 5:57 am
Conquer the Hire. Then the World. Hire Power Radio was created for entrepreneurs and startup executives to challenge the conventional thinking of how you hire for your startup and help you avoid common pitfalls that can be detrimental to your success. Startups are a wild ride – Hire Power Radio is here to help you through the recruiting hurdles that can make or break your business. Make hiring the strongest people your strongest talent We are a LinkedIn Live show that broadcasts every Tuesday at Noon (PST). Thanks for tuning in!
It’s no secret that I feel that employer branding is bullshit. Mostly because it is focused on perks and selling a “utopian” environment that is not what the company really is at all.
Messaging is focused on being the greatest place to work. But we all know that if you are a small to mid sized business, you are at best, a “hot mess”.
Clarity in who you REALLY are as an organization is the one thing that will propel your business forward and attract the strongest people to your company.
Our guest today: Eric Morley, Co-Founder & COO for Blue C Advertising
Eric has been helping companies across both B2B and B2C segments create brand strategies, campaign development, strategic design, content creation, and digital marketing strategies with a goal of outperforming the competition.
Eric and the Blue C team have been honored to work with some truly innovative and impactful brands that keep them constantly pushing and evolving their exclusive BrandPWR Platform.
Today we discuss:
– The truth about what branding is
– The elements for a true branding initiative
According to Wikipedia: Employer brand describes an employer’s reputation as a place to work, and their employee value proposition
– EVP-a set of associations and offerings provided by an organization in return for the skills, capabilities and experiences an employee brings to the organization
– Not having your messaging down
– Retooling messaging for a covid friendly world
– The world has changed in the last year
– Equally important to communicate to your customers as well has your future employees
Why is this important to the company?
– A players have seen it all before and can smell a skunk a mile away
– Laser focused messaging creates massive clarity
– Sales side, it affects revenue
– Employees- will view you as the same as…. Just getting by
– Branding is not perks, puffing your chest (ego) or the product
– Today’s employer branding focus on transactional components
– Not about “what’s in it for me”
How do we solve the problem?
A 360 degree process- brand clarity
– Pull everything apart
– Verbal Messaging
-12 point process
– Brand pillars
– Brand promise
– Brand personality
– Voice & tone
– Visual Messaging- Recognition
– Website, social media, external marketing, inbound marketing
– Transcend from written to visual
– Desire (what’s in it for you)
– Problems to be solved
– Performance metrics
– How you grow
Key Takeaways -Value:
– Strategy first – roadmap to the promise land
– Create laser focused messaging
– Massive clarity in the minds of your employees, future employees
This show is proudly sponsored by Criteria Crop: https://www.criteriacorp.com/
How to Create an Accurate Brand That Connects with Your Future Hires with Eric Morley2 days ago
Are You Really an Entrepreneur? With Gino Wickman1 week ago
How a Hiring Operating System is the Key to 10x Your Business with Rick Solo (Han’s little brother?)2 weeks ago
Why Interview Training is so Critical in Today’s Hiring Market with Adam Stonehocker3 weeks ago
Developing an Outward Hiring Mindset with Jonathan Domsky4 weeks ago
When to Hire Freelancers vs Full Time Talent with Shahar Erez1 month ago
You Only Need to Interview One Person to Fill a Role with Jodi Brandstetter1 month ago
Beating The Job Description Dead Horse with Mark Herschberg2 months ago
Why You Come Across as “Dick” When You Interview with Molly McGrath2 months ago
Hiring Lessons Learned From Special Forces with Michael Sarraille & George Randle2 months ago